Monday, September 14, 2009

On a hot summer day...

September 14, 2009

It figures that just as school starts the weather starts to get nice. Even though we have not had much nice weather here in Saskatchewan all summer! The students might have been squirmy and hot but we got some great things done today! Here is what happened in Room 114 today:

ELA 8K beat me in a trivia game that reviewed the first four chapters of the novel that we are reading, Mystery at Latham House. Not only did they beat me but I believe I only got one point compared to their 15 or so. The entire class had to work as a team, if they answered the question correctly they got a point, if they answered the question wrong or didn't know the answer I got a point. Needless to say, they know most of the answers! For their efforts they will be well rewarded!

ELA 8J started Speed Week, which is a week long activity to help them write better sentences. Today we brainstormed 100 things that we can write about. It took a while to get there, but we accomplished that goal. Tomorrow is day 2 of Speed Week! We also continued our work on pronouns...hopefully you all enjoyed the videos!

Hope that you all have a great night and I can't wait to see you at the school tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

  1. Speed week sounds interesting! Can I suggest a topic? I'm thinking something about hosting the Junior Games if we get the bid. I would also suggest the mystery of a starry night sky! I'm going to enjoy following 8J's progress. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments, I will absolutely get the students working on something for the Junior Games. And thatnk you for the suggestion of the mystery! I will look into it.

    ReplyDelete